The Holiday Season is upon us – whether we’re ready for it or not! We know this season comes with highs and lows. There’s the anticipation of Christmas Day, yes; but there’s also the endless lists, gatherings, work parties, family commitments… we could go on.
November through December always seem to fly by, and if you’re not careful – you’ll miss the quiet moments that make Christmas truly special. Setting up decorations with family, drinking tea by the fire, wrapping presents by candlelight, arranging trinkets and baubles on the tree so that they sit just right.
We happen to love the process of decorating for the season as a way to peacefully prepare for a busy, but beautiful Christmas time. It’s a time to gather the family together, make a pot of cider, put on some vintage Christmas carols, and embrace the beginning of the holidays.
Every year we put together a collection of beautiful pieces for you to use to add a touch of holiday cheer to your home.
This year is no different and we’re excited to share our Holiday Collection with you as well as a guide to decorating your home with natural, easy Christmas decor.
Here are some of our tried and true holiday decorating ideas and tips:
- For every Christmas decoration piece, remove a regular piece of decor to keep your space from getting too cluttered.
- Add traditional Christmas colours by picking up a bunch of berry sprigs from your local florist and arranging them in a vase. Red berries are the perfect touch of colour to add some cheer to your space.
- Light a balsam scented candle for that homey, Christmas nostalgia.
- Add natural linen stockings to your mantle, or even hung from a peg rail.
- Choose a colour palette and stick to it when it comes to tree ornaments – this will help your tree feel less busy.
- Add natural texture with wooden beads instead of tinsel.
- Place holiday trinkets or leftover baubles in a gold tray to keep things neat and tidy (while also feeling festive!)
- Hang bells with twine and an evergreen branch from a closet or hallway door.
We really love keeping neutral palettes and natural materials as part of our holiday decorations and we’ve gathered our favourite pieces, ornaments, candles, and other decor to share with you below.
We hope decorating becomes part of your holiday tradition and brings you as much joy as it brings us!
Leave a comment